Friday, June 7, 2013

New Outlet: In Review Online


As of today, I'll be contributing occasional reviews to In Review Online, which is currently edited by Kenji Fujishima, the founder of the blog My Life, at 24 Frames Per Second as well as a critic for Slant Magazine. Throughout its brief but illustrious history, the website has been host to several talented young critics who have since become remarkably successful in their trade – Calum Marsh, AA Dowd, Simon Abrams, and Andrew Schenker, among others – and it continues to feature a rotating cast of great writers to this day, so I'm more than happy to be involved. My first review – of 91-year-old Alain Resnais' possible farewell to cinema, You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet – is now live at the site. The film's not only as wise and assured as you'd expect from the veteran master, but it's also stranger and livelier than anything I had prepared for.

No comments: